CAS Teen Meet-Ups
What is a CAS Teen Meet-Up?
Time for Parents
We have a designated space for parents to gather during the Meet-Up to connect with one another and build a community. They can discuss their child’s diagnosis journey and find others who understand that experience. If possible, we try to have our researchers from our Apraxia studies join so parents can hear about their current projects.
July 2022 Meet-Up Highlights
Why is it only for teens?
We found that across the country there are many support groups and meet-ups for adults with apraxia. There are also quite a few groups to facilitate parents of young children who have recently been diagnosed with CAS and groups focused around children under 10. What we could not find were Meet-Ups or facilitated groups for teens – and we wanted to change that!
When is the next CAS Teen Meet-Up?
We are hosting our next all expenses paid, CAS Teen Meet-Up on Saturday March 4th, 2023 in Fort Worth, Texas!
Please fill out the application below if you would like to be considered for the next Meet-Up. The opportunity is open to 10 teens, we will be accepting applications on a rolling basis so apply as soon as you can!
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 3rd
- 6:30PM Dinner – for those who make it to Fort Worth in time for dinner we welcome you to meet the other kids and parents before the next day’s Meet-Up. This is not required and will be very informal.
Saturday, March 4th
- 9:30 AM Breakfast – Food and beverages will be available to start the morning off.
- 10:00AM Teen Meet-Up Begins – The teens will head to their designated meeting area to start ice breaker games and get to know one another. Parents will have a designated area near the Teen Meet-Up and are welcome to spend time together and have coffee and snacks.
- 2:00PM Teen Meet-Up concludes
- 6:30PM Dinner – We welcome anyone who would like to stay in town for dinner to join. Parents and kids will get one last time to connect and play a few family games with one another.
*there is a possibility that parents will have time to hear from a few of our researchers currently conducting studies on CAS at some point during the weekend.
”We are super appreciative of everything! The kids really clicked, well behaved and kind to one another. The structure of the day was perfect. The kids got to connect and hear each otherParent - Anonymous