The Once Upon a Time Foundation is funding a study titled: The Effects of Parent/Caregiver Training on Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC) Treatment Outcomes in Childhood Apraxia of Speech. The principal investigators for this multisite research study are Maria Grigos, PhD, CCC-SLP (New York University) and Julie Case, PhD, CCC-SLP (Hofstra University) with co-investigator Ying Lu, PhD (New York University). This study is a randomized control trial that will examine the effects of parent/caregiver training on speech outcome measures for children with childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) receiving DTTC compared to children with CAS receiving DTTC in usual/standard care. The Foundation’s goal for the study is to provide information to help parents and speech-language pathologists make informed decisions about the best use of therapy session time and to maximize progress for children with CAS. Information about how to participate will be posted once study recruitment and enrollment begins.
- NEW Research Study! November 18, 2021
- New Webinar – Literacy Instruction for Children with Complex Communication Needs August 11, 2021
- NEW Research Study! July 21, 2021
- New Webinar – CAS Speech Therapy Changes Over Time July 15, 2021
- New Webinar – Managing Challenging Behaviors Due to Communication Issues May 27, 2021