The Once Upon a Time Foundation is funding a study titled: Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC) with “Masking”: Single Case Experimental Design (SCED) Study. Co-Principal Investigators Jenya Iuzzini-Seigel, Ph.D., CCC-SLP (Marquette University), Elizabeth Murray, Ph.D., CPSP (University of Sydney, Remarkable Speech + Movement), Shelley Velleman, Ph.D., CCC-SLP (University of Vermont) and Donna Thomas, Ph.D. CPSP, FHEO (University of Sydney) will lead this multi-site research study. This research will examine the efficacy of DTTC when the child and the clinician are masked to abide by safety protocols due to COVID-19. Children with moderate to severe childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) will receive DTTC three times per week for eight weeks for 60-minute sessions. The goal of this study is to inform best practice for clinical service provision and help families to make key decisions regarding optimal care for their children during these uncertain times. Information about how to participate in this study will be posted once study recruitment and enrollment begins.
- NEW Research Study! November 18, 2021
- New Webinar – Literacy Instruction for Children with Complex Communication Needs August 11, 2021
- NEW Research Study! July 21, 2021
- New Webinar – CAS Speech Therapy Changes Over Time July 15, 2021
- New Webinar – Managing Challenging Behaviors Due to Communication Issues May 27, 2021